The following works will not be accepted:
- works with sound, music, or video;
- works displaying a clear disregard for human dignity or animal welfare;
- works of nude subjects under the age of 18;
- works that are disrespectful of minorities;
- works that advocate any kind of crime or misdemeanor.
All other works will be considered, provided they respect the aforementioned restrictions.
Photojournalistic style works (e.g., photos of war zones), which by their nature serve as impartial accounts intended to raise public awareness, will also be accepted, even if the photos fall within one of the above-mentioned categories.